Share Give access Share full text access. Share full text access. Please review our Terms and Conditions of Use and check box below to share full-text version of article. Related Information. Close Figure Viewer. Browse All Figures Return to Figure. Previous Figure Next Figure.
Project MUSE - The Japanese Self in Cultural Logic (review)
Email or Customer ID. Forgot password? Construction of a forest before planting trees is like deciding on the shape of a culture without carefully looking at its contents, which is precisely the problem with nihonjinron. Lebra's irritation with nihonjinron critics seems to stem in large part from her firm belief that "objective" knowledge is possible p.
At least in the human sciences, however, knowledge, using the term in its broad Project MUSE promotes the creation and dissemination of essential humanities and social science resources through collaboration with libraries, publishers, and scholars worldwide.
Forged from a partnership between a university press and a library, Project MUSE is a trusted part of the academic and scholarly community it serves. Built on the Johns Hopkins University Campus.
Monumenta Nipponica. In lieu of an abstract, here is a brief excerpt of the content: Reviewed by:.
- Nihonjinron - Wikipedia.
- Complete Cheerleading.
- New Approaches in Software Measurement: 10th International Workshop, IWSM 2000 Berlin, Germany, October 4–6, 2000 Proceedings.
- The Japanese Self in Cultural Logic?
- Shop by category.
The Japanese Self in Cultural Logic. The dust jacket of the volume under review best announces the book's gist: The self serves as a universally available, effective, and indispensable filter for making sense of the chaos of the world.
In her definition, omote combines distal and normative, qualities that result in civil attitude [sic] toward an outsider; uchi combines closeness and conformity to rules; ura grants anomic license in close relations hidden from public view, as in a private room or home; soto implies open hostility or disorderly behavior toward an outsider.
No—I want to keep shopping.
Order by , and we can deliver your NextDay items by. In your cart, save the other item s for later in order to get NextDay delivery. We moved your item s to Saved for Later. There was a problem with saving your item s for later. You can go to cart and save for later there. Average rating: 0 out of 5 stars, based on 0 reviews Write a review. Tell us if something is incorrect. Out of stock.
- The Japanese self in cultural logic / Takie Sugiyama Lebra. - Version details - Trove;
- Fanconi Anemia: Clinical, Cytogenetic and Experimental Aspects!
- Holdings: The Japanese self in cultural logic /!
- Readers Digest (June 2016)!
- The Japanese Self In Cultural Logic - Takie Sugiyama Lebra - Google книги.
- The Trouble With Black Boys: ...And Other Reflections on Race, Equity, and the Future of Public Education.
- Counselling the Person Beyond the Alcohol Problem.
Get In-Stock Alert. Delivery not available. Pickup not available.