Thanks for telling us about the problem. Return to Book Page. The Republic in Danger offers a new interpretation of Roman political history for the years 6 BC to AD 16, focusing especially on the rise of Tiberius Caesar and his succession to Augustus, the founder of the Principate. The volume proposes a new and compelling model for understanding the end of Augustus' reign and the succession of Tiberius.
- Burma: The State of Myanmar.
- Browse more videos!
- Navigation menu.
- Automatic Fingerprint Recognition Systems;
While Tiberius' rise to supreme power was at the expense of Augustus' grandsons, who were all dead by the time Augustus was laid to rest, their supporters remained unconvinced that life was possible under the rule of Tiberius. The result was an alliance between the enemies of Tiberius and M.
- Teach Yourself VISUALLY Excel 2007?
- Information Hiding to Foil the Casual Counterfeiter.
- Organic compounds of sulphur, selenium, and tellurium vol 6!
- Molly Moon & the Morphing Mystery (Molly Moon, Book 5).
- Computational Methods for Modeling of Nonlinear Systems, Vol. 1;
- Kierkegaard: The Arguments of the Philosophers!
Scribonius Drusus Libo. Drusus Libo, an aristocrat connected to the house of the Caesar, committed suicide in AD 16 while on trial for treason. Pettinger argues that Drusus Libo's prosecution was due to his alliance with Tiberius' enemies who were planning to destroy his government and replace tyranny with republican democracy. Pettinger offers a comprehensive analysis of the struggle between Tiberius and the supporters of Augustus' grandsons, which has repercussions for our understanding of the creation of the Principate at Rome.
Get A Copy.
Passar bra ihop
Hardcover , pages. More Details Other Editions 3.
Friend Reviews. To see what your friends thought of this book, please sign up. Augustus Final Arrangements; 7.
Log in to Wiley Online Library
The exiles of the younger Julia, D. Junius Silanus, and Ovid; 8.
Novus Principatus: an Imperial Co-operative; 9. The Hesitation of Tiberius; Germanicus: Successor to Tiberius or Augustus? Du kanske gillar. Permanent Record Edward Snowden Inbunden.
Republic in Danger: Drusus Libo and the Succession of Tiberius - Oxford Scholarship
Inbunden Engelska, Log in. You have no items in your shopping cart. Home The Republic in Danger. The Republic in Danger.
The Republic in Danger
This title is no longer available to purchase. The volume proposes a new model for understanding the end of Augustus' reign and the succession of Tiberius in the years 6 BC to AD Focusing on Drusus Libo's role in an alliance between the enemies of Tiberius, Pettinger offers a comprehensive analysis of the struggle between Tiberius and the supporters of Augustus' grandsons.
- Dead Souls (Barnes & Noble Classics Series).
- Agrippa Postumus - nyrideti.tk.
- 6502 Assembly Language Subroutines;
- Republic in Danger: Drusus Libo and the Succession of Tiberius - Oxford Scholarship.
- American Medical Association Boys Guide to Becoming a Teen.
More details. Management and Cost Accounting Drury, Colin. Add to cart.